Monthly Archives: March 2012

Baxter St. Fire Fund

On Sunday, March 4th, 2012, a house on Baxter Street in Ward, CO was completely destroyed by fire due to an apparent propane leak and subsequent fire.  The residence is a total loss.  Three adults and two children (boys) ages 7 and 9 have been impacted by this event. Thankfully there were no serious injuries.

In response we (Ward Citizens) have created a fund through the Union Congregational Church of Ward to ease the loss/burden for those affected. The monies collected will be used to purchase/replace:

  • Clothing
  • Toys
  • Books
  • Furniture

Because storage for actual donated items is a problem with no immediate remedy, the people affected are requesting that no actual items be donated at this time. Because of this it would be easier to establish a monetary fund that the victims can draw from as they are able to replace and utilize their property.

Donations can be made to:
Union Congregation Church of Ward
Baxter Street Fire Fund
P.O. Box 304
Ward, CO 80481

Please make checks payable to UCC of Ward, with a notation to direct funds to the Baxter Street Fire Fund.
Thank you in advance for your tax deductable donation.  Tax information will be given upon request.

We live in a proud and wonderful community that helps its own in time of need!

House fire on Baxter Street

Shortly after 8PM on Sunday night there was an explosion and fire at a home on Baxter Street. One adult was slightly injured, the 2 children emerged unharmed and the dog was slightly singed. The house was extensively damaged.

The cause of the fire has not been officially determined, but is suspected to be a propane leak.

And yet one more time we are deeply grateful to our firefighters for their quick and effective response. We’d also like to thank both Allenspark and Gold Hill for their indispensable aid.