Ward Spring cleanup is coming and it’s going to be different!
Boulder County has changed their policy about providing trash pickup for community cleanups and will no longer provide free trash rolloffs for our Spring Cleanup. Instead they will provide several FREE rolloffs for recycling and diversion of the following categories of items:
- Appliances of any sort – refrigerators (yes CFCs are okay), stoves, water heaters, vacuum cleaners, etc
- Tires – Your own or feel free to drag them out of the woods.
- Electronics – printers, monitors, computers, stereos, TVs, etc
- Scrap metal
- Rigid Plastic items like Rubbermaid tubs, outdoor furniture, plastic trashcans, laundry baskets
- Motor oil, paint, antifreeze
- Ordinary single stream recycling – bottles, cans, paper, etc
We’re looking for volunteers to help sort and direct.
We’ll be providing regular free trash service on June 13 for household trash. We will NOT be accepting any of the materials listed above for diversion and will not accept those materials in our trash pickups in the future either.
In case you haven’t noticed we’ve been pre-staging the collection of those divertible items at the old Catholic church and you are welcome to bring your materials there, anytime. Please self-sort appliances in the appliance pile, tires in the tire pile, and we can really clean up our town and our yards and not have to send as much to the landfill. Do NOT leave trash or single stream recycling.
Questions? Either comment here or call 303-459-9273 and we’ll get back to you.