Yesterday afternoon a fire started on Cold Springs Drive near Nederland, Colorado. The conditions are ripe for it – record temps, extremely low humidity and lots of fuel. As of the last I’ve heard, the acreage burned was about 226 acres. We know structures have burned – the report is at least 4 – but we don’t have confirmations of an exact number.
A number of Nederland area subdivisions have been evacuated – Cold Springs, Bonanza Mountain, St. Anton’s Highlands, Silver Springs – and the western area of Sugarloaf Rd is on pre-evacuation alert. A pre-evacuation means the affected households should be prepared to leave at any time. If you feel unsafe, leave immediately – do NOT wait for an evacuation notice.
Here is the most up-to-date, accurate info: Boulder OEM emergency info
Here are road closures:
- Hurricane Hill – between Hwy 119 and Ridge Rd.
- St. Anton Summer Access Road – between Hwy 119 and Ridge Rd
- Sugarloaf Rd – between Switzerland Trail and Peak to Peak Hwy
- Peak to Peak Hwy between Sugarloaf and Ridge Road
- Silver Point to Peak to Peak Highway
- Cold Springs Road – between Hwy 119 and Ridge Rd.
- Ridge Road
- Conifer Road
- Thunder Ridge South Road
- Cougar Road
- Shady Hollow Road
- Switzerland Park Upham Gulch